You can find some of Sarah’s work published on the links below.
- NM/AZ Book Awards 2012-6
- Van Life: Grand Winner in the Great Northwest Book Contest 2017
- Solo women Travel: aren’t you scared?
- Taking Mum to Ireland
- Classic Land Rover Magazine: as a regular contributor (words/ photos)
- To work at a professional level for literary journals, magazines, and newspapers as an ongoing career in the field, using my offbeat experiences for memoirs, essays, and CNF articles.
- To find my place within a community of writers, editors, agents, and publishers.
- To work towards a book length travelogue that is entertaining, informative, and publishable.
Publications, Awards, Productions
- Award for a travelogue about a school camping adventure in the mountains of Wales, age 12.
- Published articles/ photographs in the following magazines and newspapers: Madison Edge WI The Pink Paper London The Eldorado Sun, NM, and the Circus News, CA, Land Rover Owners International, and Classic Land Rovers in UK (ongoing contributor), Madrid Artist Quarterly, Fempotential.com, Examiner.com, and for the last couple of years on my website about traveling solo.
- Documentary Photography shows of photographs and essays in London, UK. (1992-3)
- Wrote, performed, produced three different hour-long solo monologue and vaudeville shows. (1997-2008)
- San Francisco Circus School: studied, wrote, performed, and produced my own material as well as part of group acts/ Circus shows. (2007-8)
- When No One’s Looking: published first novel. 2010. Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2016
- Lucky Shot: novel won Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2012. Finalist for Royal Dragonfly.
- Lucky Find: Finalist in Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2013
- Living the Dream: novel published 2015
- Bring A Chainsaw: memoirs/ travel essays. 2016
- Van Life: 2016. Travelogue. Best Nonfiction and Grand Winner in Great Northwest Book Festival.
Queen Mary College, London University, UK. 1985-1989
BA (honours) European Languages and Literature: German and Geography.
Freiburg University, Freiburg, Germany 1987-88
One year studying as part of my four-year degree in German Language and Lit at QMC.
Pimlico Media Centre, London, UK 1992-3
(Documentary Photography: 18 months professional training, ending with three shows in London, UK.)
Santa Fe Community College, NM: Non-credit classes in screenwriting, film, and performance. 2005-16
VCFA: MFA in Writing and Publishing 2017-
- Dolphin Private School, Santa Fe, NM took me on as a photography teacher for classes of mixed age children. 1994-5
- Workshops in Clowning/ Circus/ Vaudeville/ Juggling in NM and CA since 1994 to current days, all very informal and usually in a festival environment. Mixed ages of adults and kids.
- Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: Northwest Overland Rally in Washington State. 2016/2017
- Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: Overland Expo West in Arizona. 2016/2017
1989- 1993 Part-time student and full-time storyteller and entertainer. I traveled across the States a few times when not at Pimlico Photography College, hitchhiking, telling stories, juggling fire, and exploring a culture I’d studied in Geography and Literature classes.
1993- 2011 Landscaper: mostly self-employed from 1997 until my knees gave out in 2010 and digging was no longer an option.
2012-16 Trader Joes: part time crew member.
2016 – Freelance editing, writing and publishing. Cartoonist. Photographer.
Clowning Around Project, Santa Fe, NM. 1999- 2008: Teaching clowning skills, juggling, acrobatics, and taking groups of adults and kids into the local shopping malls.
Santa Fe Community Theater, NM 2001-3: Acting in Shakespeare, melodramas, and Agatha Christie.
Engine House Theatre, Madrid, NM 2008- 2014: Stage manager, Producer, Performer, Publicist as needed for the three or four fundraisers we produce each year.
Madrid Volunteer Fire District, NM. 2011. Wildland firefighter trainee.