Are You Looking for a Writing Coach?
When I was finding my own writing path, I didn’t have role models offering validation or permission to tell stories in my own way. Now I can offer you just that. In-depth, one on one collaborative development of your work, I’d like to help you.
- An organic conversation with your questions and needs comes first.
- Brainstorming together with your goals in mind.
- Practical advice.
- Developmental editorial work on a specific manuscript.
- Craft and technique articles.
- Feedback and critiques on specific projects, letters, pitches, etc.
- Resources/ websites/ information sharing.
- Fee $35-55 p/hr (Via PayPal) with a 2-hour minimum.
In the last few years, I have worked with short story writers, poets, novelists, creative non-fiction/memoirists, and screenwriters, including Helen Armstrong, Jeniah Johnson, Bisi Archuleta, Lori Swartz, Anne Leonard, and Ann Stanley.
Mentorship Program: A more long-term relationship (much like an MFA advisor in low-res programs)
- Structured with weekly goals and tasks.
- A longer-term relationship for accountability and growth.
- Focused on your self-development as a writer and in life.
- Discuss your personal situation, challenges, and strengths.
- Conversations shaped to your changing needs and goals.
- Sharing my experiences and resources.
- Results are less clear-cut and tend to be more incremental with your confidence in your own writing skills building over time.
- Fees depend on time commitments and your budget. I’ll work with you to make sure you can do this without too many problems.