An Indie Writer’s Life
Coach and Mentorship Program
Designed for the hungry and unconventional creative writer.
In 2018, I learned the power of having a mentor as a writer. Even though I’ve been writing, publishing, and even winning a few local awards, it was in a vacuum. I had no-one on my side, to help create queries, understand the ebb and flow of ideas or follow-through. Then through a few different networks and communities I found teachers, coaches, and mentors. It’s a powerful tool. To have someone to email or call with questions about projects, resources, or for critiques. Blending their skills, experiences, and research with what you, as a writer, need and crave. Connection. Community. Creativity.
I’m now in a place in my writing career to offer that to others. To share my stories and experiences, pass on craft tools, engage in conversations about the writer’s life on the edges, the non-traditional and entrepreneurial routes you can take as a creative writer. To claim the Indie Writer’s Life for yourself.
- An organic conversation with your questions and needs coming first.
- Brainstorming together with your goals in mind.
- Practical advice.
- Performance driven.
- Developmental editorial work on a specific project.
- Craft and techniques to improve your work.
- Prompts and generative exercises.
- Feedback and critiques on specific projects, letters, pitches etc.
- Email once or twice a week.
- Phone call once a week.
- Resources/ websites/ information sharing.
- Ongoing or short term as needed.
- Fee $28-35 p/hr (Via PayPal) or discounts if by month.
- Structured with weekly goals and tasks.
- Longer-term relationship for accountability and growth.
- Focused on your self-development as a writer and in life.
- Discussing your personal situation, challenges and strengths.
- Conversations shaped to your changing needs and goals.
- Sharing my experiences as guidance and connection.
- Community building.
- Results are less clearcut and more incremental with confidence and skills building over time.
- Three Month program with emails, phone-calls, and assignments.
- $500 mth (5-8 hrs per week.)
Creating Author Websites
I also offer help designing and creating author websites via WordPress. I have built my own sites, edited, and written content for Hunger Mountain, DevHub, New Mexico Small Business Development Center, Wanderlust-Journal, and Wild Dog Press.
With your content, text, images, links, etc, we can create a site that appeals to you. I’d teach you how to update it yourself. Or I can manage it as needed.
Email for a consultation. Reasonable rates but it’ll depend on the number of pages, content, etc.